Friday, August 25, 2006

Be careful what you race for

Both CBS and Mr. Burnett acknowledged that the new format could be criticized. “I know it’s going to be controversial,” he said. “I’m not an idiot.”

The new season of Survivor coming up in Sept is trying to play up to a new stigma, which shouldn't be too unfamiliar since everything else revolves around it, racism. Well maybe I shouldn't put it that way, racism. The members of the starting 4 tribes are representing 4 ethic groups. What's next? Tribes by religion? I dare not even go there.

Let the New York Times fill you in. And this time around they are in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. How exciting! Yes they are gonna be based on the Cook Islands.

Had a look at the Asian survivors. Asian = Korean meh? Out of the five there are 2 Koreans, and 1 Japanese I suspect (Virate = Japanese?) and gay (my gaydar could be wrong) and a Vietnamese whose nick is "Cao Boi" - which means moo boy. The fifth element from Asia? I dunno which one actually. Maybe you could tell me after you have a look. Am quite worried for them actually. Asian are smaller in size hence strength. Racist or not, I am gonna support the soft-tanned/yellow-skinned people.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin