Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Even though I try to be fair (updated)

I can't help feeling anguished on behalf of BBM for not taking so many well-deserved (see notes) awards in the Oscar (full list of winners).

Notes:
1. I am actually not qualified to even voice this out due to I haven't watched any of the best movie nominees except Capote, which I didn't understand coz I slept through the movie. Philip Seymour Hoffman won the best actor even though I didn't quite understand the way he speaks portraying Truman Capote. The movie was utterly boring to me.

2. Crash - I dunno about y'all - but it seems like a bro/sis to Traffic, an earlier Oscar hot cake starring Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones, among others. Seemed that the best movie nominees attacked different societal aspect like homosexuality (BBM), racism (Crash) and terrorism (Munich and Good Night, and Good Luck). They can reach to audience and perhaps educate some.

3. Had I watched BBM and Crash, I'd say that the academy board had no balls like the Golden Globe. With academy as such a mainstream critique body in the States it seemed a good idea not to acknowledge the gay side of our lives. There were also 60000++ signatures of opposition sent to the academy before the ceremony took place. Michelle Williams (the poor wife who couldn't turn her poor gay-and-like-to-fish-in-the-mountain husband =D) was declared by her primary school alumni that she'd have nothing to do with them.

To end, I like the gesture of Jack Nicholson while presenthing the best picture award. After announcing the fifth nominee, Good Night, and Good Luck he walked away pretending that the ceremony had indeed finished.

Also I must pay my admiration to Reese Witherspoon. She was the best actress from her performance in Walk the Line. She's very intellectual and puts high value on family concepts. She works hard. Personality wise and I hate to say this, she might be better than Julia Roberts. Her speech at the Oscar was one of the very best I have ever heard.

Good morning, and good day.


{update: if you would like to cast you opinion on who should win the oscar, click here.}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin