Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm in LOVE

with the Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, HEROES & Ugly Betty!!! While still chasing Friends, Will and Grace and Charmed, I didn't think I could love another TV series.



But now I have moved on! I guess watching all these series does represent different characteristics that I am. As much as I don't gossip (people who know me please SHUT UP), watching the housewives does allow me to think that it's OK to squeeze juice of pleasure out of others' misery. Luckily I don't believe in heaven and hell. To be honest, I didn't really watch it when it first came out a couple of years ago. Instead my ex-housemate, JK, was more interested in it than I was. I dunno wot got to me...while chasing Season 3 on TV, I'm catching myself up with Season 1 DVD.


B&S has been showing in the US for quite sometime already. I only saw it discussed on blogs and youtube. But now thanks to Channel 7 (has it become the new Channel 9 - Eddie you should watch the programmes that you are buying!) I am watching it here in Melbourne! I love family stories, like Six Feet Under. With B&S, I think I feel more intimate with the story lines. There are normally at least 5 people of us having dinna at home. Expectedly there'll be people talking, and more talking. And when someone says that something, everyone else just goes mute. And then the topic changes. Does it feel familiar to you? It does to me. I mean, B&S feels just personal to me.






And the latest hit worldwide, Heroes! It's not about the superpower that captivated me. We've got all other marvel heroes for that. It's the story telling that is gripping my every nerve of attention. Watching the story unfolds everyweek just makes me begging for me. I think the directors and script writers are doing a very good job.



And Betty is just a constant reminder, telling and encouraging us to believe our inner beauty will outshine the outer one. It really keeps me asking myself - how could shopping and dressing up give me something real? When that real happiness should come from within, as it's the only real thing that would last.


It's already midnight and I am having this urge to desperately finish the DH DVDs... I think I'm gonna lose my sleeping-beauty reign.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin