Saturday, September 15, 2007

You Can't Stop the Beat

I just watched Hairspray!!! It was super fantastic! I had my expectations all wrong. I had thought that Zac Efron and Nikki Blonsky were going to be big. But I was wrong! John Travolta with her larger-than-life Edna Turnblad stole the focus everytime she appeared on the screen. I was totally blown away by the last scene when Edna took the stage in a red & golden bling bling skirt.

I was, expectedly, singing along with the movie the whole way. Who could blame me? I had been listening to and learning the soundtrack for 2 weeks! My sis and frens said they all could hear me. Oh dear... I think I was watching the movie in my own world.

I was really glad that this movie was made. Such an inspiring and entertaining piece of work. The bling and the fling and the colours were all my favourite. I especially loved the suit & pants worn in the 60s. They looked so kool.


This movie also represents the passing of the baton from John down to Zac - perhaps the next big thing in Hollywood, if not already. John made his name in the biggest musical film ever - Saturday Night Fever. And having already had High School Musical under his belt, Zac was not afraid to profess to the world that he loved singing and dancing. The movie also highlights 3 different generations of the hollywood heavyweights, namely the veterans John Travolta & Michelle Pfieffer, the middle-aged James Marsden & Queen Latifah and of course the rising stars Nikki Blonsky and who-else Zac Efron.

Speaking of star - Stardust is on next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin