Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What’s love got to do with (Sydney 2006 Part 1)

Oh whats love got to do, got to do with it
What`s love but a second hand emotion

Flying with Virginblue started with an unfamiliar procedure where I self-checked in myself and later just dropped off my luggage at the normal check-in counter. I loved that concept which saves me from going to the airport much earlier. Mind you I was flying at 0645 and I hat to wake up at 0415. We glided into the air higher above and soon beautiful Sydney was in view.

It was warm to see a familiar face coming on the pick-up lane on a cloudy cool Sydney morning. Winnie was coming in with a white car and off we went to Bondi Beach. It was a great kick-start to the trip when I received a sms from Cheryl saying that I had got the exemption for APC (Actuarial Practice & Control). Woo hoo! I hadn’t checked because I didn’t want it to spoil my holiday in case it went the other way. I believe I wore a grin on my face for the rest of the day.

The visit to the Vaucluse House took longer than we had expected. We had a very good guide Maria. We learned that the owner of the house William Charles Wentworth was almost a forefather to the development of Sydney. His contribution included development of the agricultural lands and University of Sydney. Not judging a book by its cover – he and Mrs. Wentworth were both descendents of convicts from England.

Next was the time for us to tend to a couple of hungry tummies with seafood. Yum yum I love seafood. After feasting on prawns, scallops, calamari, baby octopus, fish and oysters, we moved on to visit the Old Parliament House.

Did I mention that I brought good weather from Melbourne to Sydney? The weather was just so travel-suitable with the perfect amount of sunshine, cloud and wind.

After taking a short nap at Winnie’s apartment, Dennis met up with us and we went to Newtown for dinna. Another manifestation of the world’s highest selling movie – Thai Ta Nic – as the name of a, what else, Thai restaurant.

What`s love got to do, got to do with it
What`s love but a sweet old fashioned not

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin