Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Always on my mind (Sydney 2006 Part 4)

Maybe I didn't treat you Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you Quite as often as I could have

I was on my own today. When I woke up Winnie had already gone for work. I had a feeling that it was gonna be a great day.

Walking down Pitt St (I think? No?) I got to Circular Quay. Hey the coffee was quite cheap. It was only $2.70 for a small. Remember what W & D had told me before, I realised that it was actually as easy as they had suggested, to walk around on my own.

After purchasing my day tripper (like a daily ticket in Melbourne/Vic), I seized the time to snap a few pics of the Opera House. Something so magnificient and so iconically Australian. And a few weeks ago the fourth Australian Idol, Damien Leith, had just been crowned at this very theatre.

Quite tight on time, I hurried up back to the Quay and hopped onto a ferry which would then get me to
Manly Beach. While on the ferry bracing the wind & sun, I realised I hadn't put on sunblock on my pretty face. Oopsie. But wth. I totally dug Manly Beach big time. It may not be as hyped as Bondi
, but the 2 hours that I was there felt so relaxing.

After parting with Manly, I was back in the CBD for more. Oxford St here I come! I wish I had time to go to Paddington as well. I was quite stupid actually =) that I only walked half the stretch of Oxford Street. I really stopped and turned around at the end of the map as I thought "oh that must be the end of it because the map doesn't show anymore of it". It'd be great if I was more loaded in the bank account...Window shopping was kinda nice too. Wanted to buy a pair of swim trunks with "aussie boi" printed on the back but those wouldn't really suit me would they?

Talking about shopping - Edmund & Winnie you guys are right. Well I am just a kampungboi from small small Tanah Merah. I really loved everything on Market St to George St to Martin Place to QVB. Those shopping complexes are so unique and no matter where I turned there would be something unexpected for me to look at.

High tea @ the
TeaRoom with Winnie was another great experience. The room was in the middle of the CBD and it could filter the filthiest soul (so to speak) to a peaceful one. I felt very Queen-ish with all the gold-foiled china and everything was just very proper.

Saying goodbye was not easy and luckily I didn't turn over as my eyes were moist and nose feeling all funny. All I can say is
Thank You.

As you can see from my pics, as a result of my big fly-eye like sunnies, now my face is a black-&-white sheet. I think the tanline is still quite visible after a few days. I think it's a kool thing - I love being made-up without actual make-up.

Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin