Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I love the nightlife (Sydney 2006 Part 2)

Please don't talk about love tonight
Please don't talk about sweet love
Please don't talk about being true


Waking up was quite a task as we only had 5-6 hours of shut eyes. First stop we went to Jamberoo to take a peek at the rain forest. It's an irony that despite being borned in Malaysia and rain forest would be so accessible, this was my first time going to a rainforest national park. I think Australia is good in this area where people don't have to drive half a day just to get away from the CBD.

After 上山 (going up mountains), we 下海 (going down to the sea). Next was Jervis Bay. Btw it was the first time where I came in touch with a GPS. It's so useful and smart. If not for the sometimes-not-so-up-to-date new routes which then gave us funny and going-in-a-loop directions, I'd say I fully embrace it. And thanks to it, I think my next trips going around Vic when my parents are here won't be too hard.

The most fascinating encounter - seeing dolphins swimming in the wild. I don't think I caught it on camera, but it was overwhelming when I was the baby dolphin swimming next to its Mom. Next time - WHALE!

Going back to city in a flash? We very well would love that. But as soon as we got back in the city, the traffic was just inching. We were just tortoising at 7.15pm. The Prisiclla musical was starting at 8pm and we were still no where near Star City and we hadn't had dinna yet. As the minutes passed, Winnie decided to go against the direction given by the GPS and we did get away from the traffic. Boi coming out from the crocodile's mouth we went straight into a tiger's den. There was no parking and we were desperate and hungry.

So this desperate boi was dropped off at Lyric Theatre to grab the tickets and Win-girl and Den-boy went looking for a place to park (which I later appreciated them running the whole nine yard in a matter of minutes). We were seated in a very good row where it's in the middle but it's only a short row. There wasn't any seat next to us too.

When Priscilla Queen of the Desert Musical started, I was sent waves and waves of excitement and dance beats. From What's love got to do with it to I love the nightlife to Always on my mind to I will survive. Everyone was cheering and clapping the whole show. Dennis said he heard me singing along too. I couldn't help it. They were all music to my dancing-queen heart. In addition to catchy tunes, first class drag queens and colourful outfit, there were scenes of love and family too. I loved the standing ovation - it was very very touching. The finale of the show was another touch-down. I can't what it is here in order not to spoil it. My eyes were wet watching it.

Throughout the whole day, I think we were also desperate for food. Starting from take-away McDonald to no-time-for-lunch-so-we-had-some-best-beef-&-mushroom-pies-in-the-middle-of-no-where to rushing to a chinese restaurant during intermission of the show. We managed to swallow a 烧肉饭 (Roast pork on rice), 云吞面 (Noodles with wonton) and 饺子 (dumplings) in less than 10 minutes. I'll definitely remember that, our WAD days.

I got to go where the people dance I want some action ... I want to live!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin