Thursday, July 14, 2005

I Have No Right

I hate it so much whenever I see "To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa." or "Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.".

My initially high enthusiasm would just drop to the level right beneath one's shoes, ready to be squashed, together with the dirt on the ground. It has been unsuccessful for me, so far, to be able to be even considered for an interview after attempting for a few months.

I don't know if I should send in my resume whenever I see those rather comforting and kind remarks at the bottom of the job ad. Sending in well I least I give a shot, which is what I believe in that everyone should at least give it a go. Albeit I maybe wasting resources and earn myself an opportunity to be blacklisted! Not sending in, that is like going down without a fight.

And it'd be perfect if I had a partner whom I would have been living with for at least 12 months and supported by our families and have gone on holidays where pictures would be taken as proof...All that would make me eligible. I should have done so - it'd be so much more efficient rather than writing stupid resumes and going through a million and one companies details to come up with a decent cover letter (which got rejected anyway!). Not to mention the high but false hope that I'd held for myself everytime I went to talks held by any immigration agent and DIMIA.

I've realised that I am so incompetent compared to others. A lot of my frens have earned much more advantage compared to me. Result wise - not the top; extra-curricular wise - not even worth mentioning; general knowledge wise - I only know BB and a whole bunch of craps. Other vital materials like the stock market, top 50 companies, latest tech, all-rounded-and-cunning-ness, fluent English, fast thinking, wot are Richard Brandson, Donald Trump, BG doing, what are their recipes to success...There is no need to finish the list as I am already feeling rather dumb and dumber.

Here I am sitting in front of my computer, on a cold and wet Thursday morning, only 10 more days to go before the break ends. With a million things on the back of my mind, which they have the full right to claim on me, I've decided to stop whingigng and get back to my lovely APC, ASP and HP5/DaVinciCode when I am free. Most of the time I find solace whenever I finish studying. So why not..

Till next time fellas.

1 comment:

f eelin gs said...

awwww....
don't compare with others....why make urself unhappy...I got more to worry than u...
bi shang bu zhu..bi xia you yu!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin