Saturday, June 04, 2005

For the 1st time

Exam dates are drawing nearer every morning I wake up. Good thing is, the sooner it comes the sooner it goes away.

Despite the number of examinable subject has decreased 25%, I don't think that I am managing well. I need to critically examine what have I been doing the whole semester. Unsurprisingly, I will have to take the blame myself for not working according to the schedule I have drawn up. I have left works unfinished and outdated. In short I haven't time-managed myself at an adequate level.

Writing resumes, cover letter and doing research on potential employers really took up an incredible amount of time with really incredible return, if you know what I mean. It's inevitably the subject cloaked under Harry's cloak of invinsibility. No interview offered; plenty, if not all of my applications were either rejected, or worse, shredded and recycled.

It's been hard to watch our fellow classmates turning up at class dressed to the ninth, where I just sat there, calming myself that my chance would eventually come. I just wish somehow I could be given an opportunity. On the bright side, at least I've learnt some theoretical interview and writing skills.

Steering the wheels back to the point, for the first time, for the many times I have survived major exams, I have not much confidence to make it through this hurdle. I was shocked at myself, realising how much work I have left behind, especially AFM. Convoluted with the fact that I didn't do well in FM3, the chance of getting an exemption for 109 is merely in existence.

A friend reminded me to remember who I was and how determined I used to be. I hope I'll remember that myself and live up to it. To all of you guys out there doing or hating exam or even more amusing but worrying - missing exam, work hard and don't let yourself down.

2 comments:

WinWin said...

I think the job-hunt cycle is no doubt an extra 'subject' for us, for it took up so much of our time. It felt like 'overloading' an extra subject.

I'm really glad to see that you are so optimistic. Living around optimistic people is better than hanging around pessemistic individuals; after all, at least you'll try to pull yourself out of it so that you'll be like the rest - optimistic and happy.

Best of luck to you, and may I wish you an early Happy Birthday. May your new birthday brings you a new resolution for the year to come and turn over a new leaf (if you ever intend to do so).

+oiL & smile lotz~ =)

f eelin gs said...

I know u definitely can do that....haha...I am worse..one word explains all - SLACK!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin