Tuesday, February 06, 2007

If I had eyes at the back of my head (in addition to the front view)

(I haven't actually finished this post since the new year! But I'll just post it up first. Watch out for the ending.)

It's the 6th day of the new year. I have procrastinated on this post for some 5++ days now so I am gonna go back to the moment before the calendar year aged. Taking a deep breathe I open the door and step into the 2006-memories vault.

Going back to Melbourne in February wasn't something I had looked forward to. It was a total change of environment where I was going to Monash University. It was all new and I didn't know a single soul there. I was so used to doing uni with people that I was close with. I was used to people saving seats for me (or vice versa). I was used to going out with people that I knew. Familiarity was then a luxury I no longer had.

Also I was living with my sister again, after, what, 4 years? I appreciate that because we don't share surname for nothing do we? Cooking is easy because both of us can cook and we take turns. But, I am not gonna say who, someone could have taken more of a role in cleaning the carpet and toilet. Remember, I didn't name names...

Uni was a total mess as I didn't enjoy anything that I was studying in the first semester. Business Law, Managerial Accounting, Accounting Systems and Funds Management (worst subject ever) - which were all so darn boring. Going to Uni was dreadful and it made me miss all my ex-Uni mates. Consequently my grades sufferred too but...

Luckily a part-time job at OSHCworldcare came to rescue in April. It was the first time I was working in Aus and earning AUD. I still remember the euphoric moment when I first paid tax. The most memorable event was attending training at a 5-star hotel and we got room service! It was a good evening indeed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin