Monday, August 29, 2005

Why? Who? How? When? What?

I was recommended by Aiden to watch "What the bleep do we know?!" a couple of weeks ago and I watched it just now.

I think it's very out of my level of knowledge and there are a lot of terms that I don't know. I also got lost in some part of the movie/documentary. Part of the story coincides with what I always believe; most of them alien but challenging and will definitely have a place reserved in my mind.

How far are you willing to go in the rabbit hole?

Quantum physics is believed to be the ultimate answer to questions about life, about the universe. I remember quite vividly my A-level lecturer teaching us about the atomic structure of an atom. This idea that has resided in me for 4-5 years now is being challenged! The nucleus, protons and clouds of electrons are just probabilistic statements. Why are we here? Are we here to show off our creativity? Are we here to create? To destroy? To destroy and to create at the same time? Actual experience is the realisation of a chance out of a million possibilities.

Now we relate our discussion to biological science. And I have to blend in the spiritual topic. We are addicts of emotion. Addiction means something that we do not have control of. The cells in our body have receptors for emotional attachments (peptides) that are generated from our brain (some part called the hippototamus =P). When we think - we shape the next generation of cell splitting, ie the types and amounts of peptide that we want the cells to take on.

There is also no god. We are all gods. We are what we are and we also are the consequences from the choices that others and we ourselves make. Therefore take responsibility for whatever we do! The show also made it very clear that coincides with the Buddism teaching - 色即是空,空即是色, ie what we see is all illusion.

There is no difference between what the eyes see and what we remember from memories - the brain generates the same chemical when we "see" the same thing in the screen of our minds. So what is reality? How do we learn of the reality? Can we jump out of us and observe as an outsider the reality?

So in the end - could we say that we are all addicts of some neurotic chemicals? My question is - if we practice Buddism like the monks where they go after life that has no intertwined threads with other beings, what would be the purpose of life? However, if what we see/imagine is just an illusion, what is the purpose of the change that we make?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin